Spring officially started on the 20th March and for many people it is the perfect time of year. The wonderful warm weather, the longer days and hundreds of flowers in full bloom. The city is filled with new life and colour!
All these things make this time of year perfect for travelling and exploring new places. Cities like Seville, in the south of Spain, are ideal for a spring break. A city known for its Spring celebrations, which include Holy Week and the April Fair, this season is the best time to experience local culture and enjoy an authentic experience. Nevertheless, to make the most of your trip we suggest you include some of these activities in your itinerary, too:
• Visit the Real Alcázar: if you are a Game of Thrones fan, some of the halls and gardens of this Royal Palace will already feel familiar. Since becoming part of the set for this popular TV show, the Real Alcázar has become one of the most visited monuments in the city, and not without good reason. You are sure to fall in love with the beauty and elegance of this royal dwelling while learning about its history. Don’t miss it!
• Walk through the Santa Cruz neighborhood: one of the prettiest neighborhoods in Seville, located in the heart of the city. Lose yourself down its winding streets, explore the many alleys, feel the magic and learn about the legends of this quaint area of town.
• Discover the Plaza de España and Maria Luisa Park: One of the most stunning sights in the city, the Plaza de España is nestled among the tall trees and greenery of Maria Luisa Park, the most famous park in Seville named in honor of Infanta Maria Luisa Fernanda. You can also see Seville Museum of Archeology or the Museum of Arts & Popular Customs within the park.
• Visit Las Setas: a modern structure built right in the middle of the city center. In the Plaza de la Encarnación you will find a wooden and concrete pergola called Metropol Parasol, but commonly known as Las Setas, or “The Mushrooms”. So, if you are visiting Seville for a weekend you must head to the viewing platform at the top and take in the breathtaking views. You won’t regret it!
• Stop for a drink in Plaza del Salvador: when the weather starts to get warmer, many look for the perfect excuse to enjoy a nice, cold beer. That is why if you are close to this plaza, you should join the locals and order one from any of the bars located here. It is an excellent sevillano cultural tradition that will cause a great impression.
• Take a bike ride along the riverbank: this is certainly a great option during springtime due to the fantastic weather. If, like Hotel Ribera of Triana, your accommodation is right on the riverbank, it will be very easy to access the cycle route and stay clear of traffic. Staying somewhere by the river is the ideal option if you want to spend a weekend in Seville and enjoy all fun activities available to do in Spring in Seville.